Here at the North Canton Veterinary Clinic, our Veterinarians have extensive experience performing a variety of surgical services which include:
- Dental Cleanings +/- Extractions if needed
- Eye Surgeries (Entropion, Cherry Eye, Enucleation)
- ACL Repair (Cruciate Ligment)
- Soft Tissue/Mass or Tumor Removal
- Stenotic Nare Repair
- Aural Hematoma Repair
- Many more…..
Surgery Safety Protocols:
We are proud to offer the safest anesthetic protocols available with the utmost attention to patient monitoring. Prior to surgery we perform a physical exam on all patients and recommend a pre-anesthetic blood profile to ensure their organ systems are healthy enough to proceed. Intravenous catheters are used for most surgical procedures. It also enables us to respond immediately with medication, should an emergency arise. All vital signs are constantly monitored by a certified technician including heart rate, electrocardiography (ECG), blood oxygen and respiration rate.
After surgery, the veterinarian or the surgical technician will call you to let you know surgery is complete and answer any questions you may have about the procedure. If we anticipate any patient to be in pain, we will send home pain medication to ensure the patient has a comfortable recovery.
Important information for your pet’s surgery:
- No food after Midnight the night before surgery
- It is okay to leave water out for your pet the night before surgery
- We admit our surgeries between 7 am-7:15 am the morning of surgery
We understand life gets busy. We always call with a friendly reminder the night before surgery so that you don't forget your pet's surgery appointment.